|Join us to examine key voting rights issues including automatic voter registration, legislative redistricting, voter photo ID laws, election security, and felon enfranchisement. Learn how these issues affect you and the future of democratic participation in Wisconsin.
- What: Candidate Forum “The Future of Voting Rights in Wisconsin”
- When: Tuesday, October 9th, 5:30-8:30pm
- Where: Chippewa Valley Technical College, Business Education Center, Room 103
This nonpartisan forum will be moderated by Dr. Selika Ducksworth-Lawton of the Chippewa Valley Civil Liberties Union and Uniting Bridges. She and a panel of candidates for state office will examine and analyze the status of voting rights in Wisconsin.
Participating candidates include:
- John Calabrese (Assembly District 29)
- Aaron Camacho (Senate District 31)
- Jodi Emerson (Assembly District 91)
- Wendy Sue Johnson (Assembly District 68)
- Wren Keturi (Assembly District 67)
- Jeff Smith (Senate District 31)
- Maggie Turnbull (Wisconsin Governor)
- Charlie Warner (Assembly District 93)
The public is invited to attend this free event. Questions for the panel are welcomed and can be submitted prior to the forum by following this link. If time allows, audience members may ask questions during the forum.
In July, local candidates from all parties running for state office were invited to pledge their support to reform voter registration in Wisconsin by establishing a statewide system of automatic voter registration. The pledge received cross-partisan support from Republican, Democratic, and Green party candidates. Candidates who pledged their support for automatic voter registration have been invited to participate in the forum.
Help spread the word! Share this event with your friends on Facebook!